Bible Study on Matthew and Adult Information Class
Mondays from 6:30-8:00pm ~ 12 Sessions
The Gospel of Matthew was God-breathed for the purpose of teaching the Church to know Jesus Christ to be the very same God who revealed Himself in what we now call the Old Testament, and His work to be that ultimate deliverance from the curse of sin and slavery to death and the devil.
Join us in this 12-session study through the Gospel of Matthew, with special attention to teaching the foundations of Christian doctrine as explained in Martin Luther’s Small Catechism. This class will serve to introduce and reaffirm the faith taught in the Evangelical Lutheran Church. Attendants would thus be prepared and may then choose to become a member of our congregation.
- Session 1: Matthew 1-3 – The Person of Jesus
- Session 2: Matthew 4-5 – Person of Jesus and Sermon on the Mount, Part 1
- Session 4: Matthew 6-7 – Sermon on the Mount, Part 2
- Session 5: Matthew 8-9 – The Deeds of Jesus Christ
- Session 6: Matthew 10-12 – The Harvest Work and the Weeds
- Session 7: Matthew 13-14 – The Kingdom in Parables and Deeds
- Session 8: Matthew 15-16 – What Constitutes True Religion from God
- Session 9: Matthew 17-20 – The Christ Revealed in Glory and Humility
- Session 10: Matthew 21-24 – The Son of David Enters Jerusalem and Teaches
- Session 11: Matthew 25-26 – The Close of the Age and The Scripture Fulfilled
- Session 12: Matthew 27-28 – The Crucifixion, Death, and Rising of God’s Christ